.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Web reprint rights to my blogs and stories will be readily granted to educational and non-profit institutions, and to individuals for non-profit use if you will send me an email requesting permission to do so. My late wife owned and operated Graceful Exits Estate Appraisal & Liquidation Services in San Francisco, and since the website content is still helpful to so many people, I left it up and you are cordially invited to visit it at http://www.graceful-exits.com

Saturday, January 08, 2005

War, Bittersweet War...

It seems to me that there was hardly a time in my life when our country was not at war with someone or another, and the war in Iraq is only the latest of a long string of bloody conflicts we have found ourselves in. My own experience was in Viet Nam as a member of D-2/8, First Air Cav, (RECON) in 1966-1967. I wrote a story about one of my experiences there and it's found a home in a number of universities and private sites on the web.

If you'd like to read it, go to http://www.ourweb.com/guard and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll find a link to "The Commoman". An alternative is to google "Pete Childress OR Peter Childress" and choose the link you want to follow. Comments on this story are welcome, and I plan to publish other true stories here, including "What the Dead Girl Taught Me".

-Uncle Petey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home